Jack Morton Worldwide, a New York-based brand communication and event marketing agency, was selected by MTV to design and produce the network's 75 x 100-foot "Campus Invasion 2K2" Interactive Music Expo, a part of MTV's "Campus Invasion 2K2" concert tour hitting colleges throughout April. More than 100,000 students at 20 different US universities are expected to attend. The tour kicked off April 4 and ends May 1.
The "MTV Campus Invasion 2K2" Music Expo includes:
* An entry tunnel, truss, sponsor billboards, sculptural "domes" and a clamshell stage with a 6 x 8-foot LED wall as a backdrop
* A DJ commanding the clamshell stage, with the giant LED screen behind him playing on-site footage captured by wandering cameramen
* A virtual "Music Playground" where students can experience new technology enabling them to jam along with their favorite music tracks, add instruments and vocals, perform onstage — and take home a custom CD and picture of their performance
* Video blue-screen technology enabling students to interact and "audition" with rock's Ozzy Osbourne and walk away with a video of the experience
* Interactive "New Music" stations where students can experience the latest in music-listening technology, while also sampling the hottest new tracks, videos and Web sites
* Other interactive music activities dispersed throughout the expo environment enable students to experiment with composing their own music and learn how to be a DJ.