AUCKLAND (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — Marilyn Manson’s concert in New Zealand had to be stopped on Wednesday after a smoke machine sparked a fire scare. Apparently "excessive smoke from smoke machines" used in the shock-rocker's special effects caused a fire hazard, and fire fighters were brought in to stabilize the situation.
Just four songs into the gig at Auckland Town Hall, the plug was pulled on the shock rocker and the venue evacuated.
When fire crews discovered that alarms had been triggered by dry ice machines concert-goers were let back inside shortly after and Manson continued the rest of the show.
Manson performed in Melbourne the next night.