LONDON (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — In light of the recent violent attacks that took place at this year's T in the Park and Latitude festivals, public relations expert Caroline Inglis has offered some tips for how festival organizers can respond to such incidents.
Englis handles thee Edinburgh office of tourism account and events PR at public relations firm, Davies Tanner.
"There are a number of simple steps that event organisers can put into place that will help to position the event, and the organisers, in a positive light at the time of a crisis, and also retain brand loyalty." Englis said.
The five tips Englis offers are:
1) Always be prepared and have a crisis management plan in place
2) Identify key spokespeople who remain visible and fully briefed throughout the crisis
3) Be prepared and stay on message, be truthful and honest and stick to the facts
4) Establish clear communication lines and areas of responsibility
5) Always acknowledge if there is a public concern and respond decisively with actions and be sympathetic in your language”
From Marketing Industry Network. – CelebrityAccess Staff Writers