LONDON (VIP NEWS) — After missing this year's Glastonbury, U2 have told fans to "watch this space" to see if they will return in 2011.
A posted message on the band's website last week pointed out that there was a gap in their schedule in June next year, which would make headlining the Friday night "a possibility".
Glastonbury organizer Michael Eavis has already invited the band to return.
The group were forced to cancel their appearance this summer after frontman Bono had surgery on his back.
Gorillaz stepped in as a replacement, whilst U2 guitarist The Edge appeared on stage with Saturday night's headliners Muse.
U2 have since played a song called Glastonbury, written for their appearance at Worthy Farm, on their 360 tour.
The message on the band's website was published last Friday, before tickets for the 2011 festival went on sale.
It asked: "Will U2 fans finally see 'Glastonbury' at Glasto?"
Manager Paul McGuinness was quoted as saying, "We're certainly excited about our plans for next year. Watch this space!"
Speaking to Newsbeat last week, festival organizer Michael Eavis was giving little away.
On U2's possible return, he said, "We don't know yet. We're obviously planning all sorts of things.
"The three headliners are incredibly impressive. I deliberately want to announce them after the tickets have been sold."
All 137,500 tickets for next year's Glastonbury festival have sold out.
According to BBC