Vineland Site Sold – Festival Future In Doubt

VINELAND, NJ (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — When the inaugural installment of C3's Vineland Music Festival was canceled this year, we were assured that the festival would be back in 2009 but now, according to Vineland Mayor Perry Barse, the festival likely won't happen at all.

Announced last year, the festival was planned for August 8-10 on a 570 acre farm in Vineland, which was owned by a local nonprofit. Unfortunately for C3 and East Coast music fans, the property has reportedly been sold to a private buyer, leaving the festival without a prospective home the Daily Journal reported.

While the buyer was not identified specifically, the mayor did state that he is a local resident.

The Mayor has indicated that he is still very interested in working with promoters Festival Republic and C3 Presents in the future, that may not be worth much if his honor doesn't carry the day in the upcoming May 13 municipal election. The mayor's opponent, police lieutenant, Robert Romano told the Daily Journal that he wasn't opposed to the festival in principle, if another site could be located.

"With a cap on the amount of people that would be allowed to enter, yes, I would entertain that," Romano told the Journal. – CelebrityAccess Staff Writers

Related Post