NASHVILLE (CelebrityAccess) Carrie Underwood and Blake Shelton were the big winners at the CMT Music Awards at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville last night.
Underwood won female video of the year for “The Champion,” which gave her 18 wins in all. Shelton was the only person to win two awards last night, including the top prize, video of the year,” for “I’ll Name the Dogs.” He also won male video of the year for the same song.
Performances included Backstreet Boys and Kelly Clarkson. The Boys picked up an award, too, for “Everybody,” preformed alongside Florida Georgia Line an the TV channel’s show “CMT Crossroads.”
Hosts Little Big Town kicked off the awards show with the debut of their single “Summer Fever.”
- Video of the year: Blake Shelton, “I’ll Name the Dogs”
- Male video of the year: Blake Shelton, “I’ll Name the Dogs”*
- Female video of the year: Carrie Underwood featuring Ludacris, “The Champion”*
- Duo video of the year: Dan + Shay, “Tequila”
- Group video of the year: Little Big Town, “When Someone Stops Loving You”
- Breakthrough video of the year: Carly Pearce, “Every Little Thing”
- Collaborative video of the year: Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina, “What Ifs”
- CMT performance of the year: Backstreet Boys and Florida Georgia Line, “Everybody” (from “CMT Crossroads”)