LAS VEGAS (CelebrityAccess) Eight show business managers, who have guided the careers of Aziz Ansari, Joy Behar, Tony Bennett, Claire Bloom, Tina Fey, Peter Frampton, Piper Laurie, The New Christy Minstrels, Ty Pennington, Anthony Quinn, Lily Tomlin and numerous other celebrities, were inducted last night into the Personal Managers Hall of Fame in a ceremony at the Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
The induction to the Personal Managers Hall Of Fame Sponsored is by the National Conference of Personal Managers (NCOPM).
The 2019 inductees are:
- Dee Anthony (1926-2009) was a longtime NCOPM member who managed Tony Bennett for more than a decade and whose clients also included Peter Allen, Armageddon, Joe Cocker, King Crimson, Devo, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Peter Frampton, Jethro Tull and Gary Wright.
- George Greif (1923-2007) George Greif was an NCOPM founding member who managed Diahann Carroll, Bill Dana, Billy Eckstine, Tony Franciosa, Gogi Grant, Rhonda Fleming, Tina Louise, The New Christy Minstrels, Anthony Quinn and Frankie Vaughan.
- Jano Herbosch is an NCOPM Emeritus Member who managed film, television and theatre performers, served 22 years with the Drama League (including as President and Board Member) and was the business partner of the late Spanish fashion designer Fernando Sanchez.
- David Miner is a talent manager and television producer on 30 Rock, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and other series. His clients are all comedy writers, such as Peter Murrieta and Michael Schur, with many also working on-camera, including Aziz Ansari, Tina Fey, Jeff Garlin and Larry Wilmore.
- Irene M. Pinn (1940-2006) was the longtime personal manager for Lily Tomlin. As a television producer, she was the recipient of two Emmy Awards and was the first woman to receive a Grammy Award for producing a comedy album.
- Sherry Robb manages actors and writers and is credited with 11 New York Times Bestsellers. Her expertise as a film producer is adaptations/book rights. A women’s rights activist with a Smith College MSW, she survived a decade-long battle with heart disease.
- Marion Rosenberg, O.B.E. is a personal manager and producer. Her clients include Claire Bloom, Jeroen Krabbé, Piper Laurie and Paul Verhoeven. She co-founded the LA branch of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA-LA).
- Bill Stankey is a personal manager of TV celebrities, whose clients have included Ty Pennington, Joanna and Chip Gaines, Joy Behar, Dr. Marty Becker, Jillian Harris, Dr. Logan Levkoff, Frank Fritz and Mike Wolfe, Leanne and Steven Ford, Syd and Shea McGee, Robin Hommel, Amy Bruni, Adam Berry, Grace Mitchell and several others.
“The Personal Managers Hall of Fame celebrates illustrious careers in entertainment, music, sports and talent management,” NCOPM National President Clinton Ford Billups Jr. said. “The 2019 inductees reflect the contributions, ethics and history of personal management that the Hall of Fame acknowledges and honors.”
The 2019 inductees will join 42 current Hall of Fame members, which include Sid Bernstein, Bernie Brillstein, Brian Epstein, Ken Kragen, Dolores Robinson, Jack Rollins, Jerry Solomon, and many other legendary personal managers.