(Hypebot) — Amazon Music For Artists has opened a pathway for all independent and D.I.Y. musicians to pitch new releases to officially curated Amazon playlists stations and more.
The information submitted will also be used by Amazon Music for Artists to determine where, when, and how to surface the music to likely fans in places like Amazon Music activity feed, push notifications, Alexa alerts and prompts, and genre-based browsing.
The Pitch tool is available now in Amazon Music for Artists on the web and mobile app.
Here’s how it works:
How To Pitch A New Track To Amazon Music
- select an eligible track within Amazon Music for Artists
- add a brief description to the song,
- provide genre/mood/activity categorization
- detail planned marketing and promo for the track
- submit 1 tracxk per release 14 days or less before release date
Spotify has a similar tool, and you can learn more about it and other Best Practices here.
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.