LOS ANGELES, (CelebrityAccess) – Strong openings in China and Japan helped Warner Bros. Harry Potter sequel Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them stay on top at the box office over the weekend, according to estimates compiled by comScore.
With the new markets, Fantastic Beasts added $177.1M to its box office take over the weekend, pushing its worldwide cumulative estimated gross to $473 million for just two weeks.
The debut of Disney's colorful animated movie 'Moana' in just 12 international markets (incl. China) earned $16.3 million for a global weekend debut of $71.823 million, $97.4 million to date and many more markets set to open in the coming weeks.
Disney's Doctor Strange malingered in third place, adding an additional $23.2 million.
The top 10 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, November 27, are below.
1. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them – Warner Bros International – $177.1M
2. Moana – Disney – $71.8M
3. Doctor Strange – Disney – $23.2M
4. Allied – Paramount Pictures – $22.4M
5. Arrival – Multiple – $17.9M
6. Trolls – 20th Century Fox – $17.5M
7. Hacksaw Ridge – Multiple – $7.6M
8. Bad Santa 2 – Multiple – $7.6M
9. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back – Paramount Pictures – $6.5M
10. Brother (dir. Kwon) – CJ Entertainment – $6.0M