LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — Sony keeps the top spot and has the number one movie with the Bond series ‘Spectre.’ Not even the opening weekend for ‘The Peanuts Movie’ could edge it out.
“It’s a series that can go on no matter what is happening in the world,” said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Rentrak. “No matter what changes are taking place in technology or whatever cultural issues are taking place, Bond continues to be evolutionary and revolutionary.”
Dergarabedian also commented, "Sony's 'Spectre' makes it two consecutive weekends at the top of the global box office chart as it makes its North American debut and enjoys a $190.8 million worldwide weekend performance. Notably, the latest James Bond film holds the number one spot in every market where it is released & across 77 total international markets raked in a phenomenal $117.8 million from over 15,000 screens."
Top Ten Domestic Box Office :
1. Spectre – Sony – $73.0M
2. Peanuts Movie, The – 20th Century Fox – $45.0M
3. Martian, The – 20th Century Fox – $9.3M
4. Goosebumps – Sony – $7.0M
5. Bridge Of Spies – Disney – $6.1M
6. Hotel Transylvania 2 – Sony – $3.6M
7. Burnt – The Weinstein Company – $3.0M
8. Last Witch Hunter, The – Lionsgate – $2.6M
9. Intern, The – Warner Bros. – $1.8M
10. Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension – Paramount – $1.6M