NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess) — REFORM Alliance, the social justice advocacy program launched by Meek Mill and Jay Z, has tapped Bob Pilon to serve as the organization’s President and Chief Growth Officer.
In his new gig, Pilon will oversee the development and organization of the organization’s growth and partnership initiatives and will report to CEO Van Jones.
Pilon comes to the new role with experience in the social justice sector, and previously served as Chief Development & Partnerships Officer at ONE, the advocacy and philanthropic organization founded by U2 frontman Bono. In that role, he spearheaded the global mobilization strategy behind the company’s slew of initiatives to end extreme poverty and preventable diseases.
“I’m thrilled to team up with the world’s leading sports, business, and entertainment moguls to create longstanding change in our criminal justice system,” Pilon said. “I’ve learned that what we really have in America is an ‘injustice system’ that far too many people are trapped in for reasons that just don’t make sense. I’ve admired REFORM’s commitment to disrupting the criminal justice system, and I’m eager to help amplify awareness and change hearts and minds around our country’s need for comprehensive reform.”
In addition to his tenure at Bono’s ONE, Pilon also held senior roles at philanthropic organizations including Malaria No More, the Herbie Hancock Institute (formerly the Thelonious Monk Institute) and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
Over the course of his career, Pilon has worked in the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia to mobilize more than $500 million in support of HIV/AIDS, malaria, anti-poverty, and education programs.
Along with Pilon, the REFORM alliance bulked up its leadership team with a spate of hires, including:
In addition to Pilon, REFORM has bolstered its leadership team by making several key hires and appointments, including:
- Jessica Jackson, Chief Advocacy Officer: Jackson previously served as national director of the Dream Corps’ #cut50, a bipartisan justice reform initiative. At REFORM, Jackson is spearheading strategic policy measures aimed at amending outdated probation and parole laws across the United States.
- Monique Houghton-Worrell, Chief Legal Officer: Defense attorney, law professor, and former assistant state attorney, Houghton-Worrell is responsible for identifying egregious patterns and practices in America’s parole and probation systems, nationwide.
- Karen Caldwell, Chief Financial Officer: Caldwell has served as CFO for organizations such as NHP Foundation and the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA). With REFORM, she is responsible for REFORM’s financial planning and stewardship.
- Nick Pressley, National Organizer: Pressley previously served as a leading field organizer for Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidates. He is leading REFORM’s advocacy campaigns, in Pennsylvania and nationwide.
- Alex Spiro, Special Counsel to REFORM: A brilliant and well-known defense attorney, Spiro is a partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP. He is assisting REFORM with both legal and policy strategy.